Creamy Miso Pesto Pasta
This 30-minute Creamy Miso Pesto Pasta with Pecans is a real flavor bomb. Packed with a savory white Miso paste, garlic and crunchy Pecans, this easy vegan pasta makes a perfect recipe for busy weeknights.
Add content of a skillet to a blender along with lemon juice and Adobo sauce. Process pesto stopping the blender from time to time to scrape the sides of a blender. Make sure the Pesto ingredients are well combined and if it looks too dry, add a little more olive oil, a few tablespoons at a time.
Combine Pesto and pasta
Transfer cooked pasta into a large bowl along with plant-based butter, Miso pesto, ¼ cup of pasta cooking water and nutritional yeast. Toss vigorously until well combined. If needed, add more pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipe is adapted from Red Pesto Rigatoni.
- Miso paste. There are many Miso pastes out there, but in this recipe I specifically use white Miso paste. It's my literally go-to ingredient for every recipe. It has a bold umami flavor and works perfectly in pesto. I usually buy Organic Miso by Hikari Miso on Amazon. However, I saw White Miso paste in Kroger too;
- Adobo sauce. If you don't have it, skip it and substitute with ⅛ tsp of cayenne pepper. I love using Adobo in this recipe because it has a very rich and slightly smoky flavor and it works beautifully in combination with Miso paste;
- Pecans. If you don't have them, substitute with the same amount of Walnuts;
- Rigatoni. You can use absolutely use any other pasta that you have in your pantry;
- Nutritional Yeast: sprinkling cooked pasta with nutritional yeast helps the sauce stick better to pasta.
- Don't be afraid to add pasta water to the sauce. It will thin it out and make the whole dish creamy and delicious.
Calories: 710kcal | Carbohydrates: 76.6g | Protein: 21.9g | Fat: 36.8g | Saturated Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 2.2g | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 7mg