Eggplant Zucchini Red Curry
This Eggplant Zucchini Red Curry with tofu and coconut milk is an easy vegan recipe perfect for meal prep or busy weeknights. Simple and flavorful.
- 5 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu patted dry and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 medium onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 zucchini cut lengthwise and then into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large eggplant cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat or light coconut milk
- ¼ c cilantro chopped
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick pan. Add tofu and cook on a medium heat until nice and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
Add the remaining 3 tbsp of oil to a pan along with onion, zucchini, eggplant and cook on a medium-high heat for 7-10 stirring occasionally until eggplant is brown and soft. (Add more oil if needed)
Add curry paste and stir for 1 minute. Return tofu back into the pan, add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Season with salt, remove from the heat and add cilantro.
Serve eggplant curry over steamed rice or pasta.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.4g | Protein: 14.8g | Fat: 50.1g | Saturated Fat: 25.2g | Trans Fat: 50.1g | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 955mg | Fiber: 6.2g | Sugar: 6.9g | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 7mg