This Slow-Cooker White Bean Stew is the ultimate comfort food. Made with Cannellini Beans, tomatoes, and aromatic spices, this easy recipe is sure to warm you up on a chilly winter night.
– ▢1 lb dried Cannellini beans
– ▢¼ c olive oil
– ▢1 large onion
– ▢3 medium tomatoes
– ▢5 cloves garlic
– ▢2 teaspoon ground cumin
– ▢2 teaspoon powdered ginger
– ▢¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
– ▢⅛ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
– ▢1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– ▢¼ c parsley finely chopped
– ▢2 teaspoon salt
1. Soak the beans. Rinse the beans and add them to a large bowl. Fill the bowl with water. It should cover the beans completely. Leave it on the counter for at least 8 hours or better overnight to expand.
2. The next day, drain all water from the beans and rinse them once again.
3. Grate the onion and tomatoes on small holes of a box grater.
4. In a bowl of your crock pot combine onion, tomatoes, garlic pushed through a garlic press, soaked beans, olive oil and and all spices. Give it a stir.
5. Finally, add water, stir once again, cover your slow-cooker with a lid and cook for 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
6. Serve Loubia with some crusty bread or over rice.
Garbanzo Beans Stew