This easy Harissa Tofu recipe has a big flavor, thanks to a few tablespoons of Harissa paste. You might want to make extras, as leftovers make a great addition to salads and grain bowls.
– 1 block 14 oz extra-firm tofu
– 4 tablespoon Harissa paste mild or spicy
– 2 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
– 1 tablespoon Tamari choose low-sodium if needed
– 2 tablespoon cilantro
1. Fold two paper towels and place them on a cutting board. Place a tofu block on top.
2. Fold one piece of paper towel over the tofu and press lightly until the paper towel is all soaked.
3. Discard the paper towel. Flip the tofu on its side and cut it in half.
4. Flip the tofu back again and cut it into 4 even strips.
5. From here, cut the tofu into even-size cubes.
6. Toss gently to combine.
7. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until the sauce slightly thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
Enjoy with rice or quinoa.