This Sautéed Brussels Sprouts recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy Brussels Sprouts. The sprouts are cooked to perfection in a pan with garlic and butter and then coated in a creamy sauce.
– ▢1 lb Brussels sprouts
– ▢1 leek
– ▢2 tablespoon vegan butter or vegetable broth
– ▢2 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
– ▢¾ c almond milk
– ▢2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– ▢½ c coconut milk
– ▢½ teaspoon salt
– ▢¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Using a sharp knife, cut each Brussels Sprout into 3 or 4 slices. – Slice off the leek’s dark green end. Then thinly slice the remaining pale green part of leek into rings and discard the root end.
2. Melt vegan butter (or vegetable broth) in a medium skillet and over medium heat. Add sprouts and leek and cook stirring occasionally until sprouts begin to soften, about 7-9 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix together corn starch or arrowroot starch and 2 tablespoon of almond milk. Whisk in mustard powder.
4. Add this mixture to a skillet along with the remaining almond milk, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens and sprouts are tender as per your taste.
5. Serve immediately.