Vinegret Salad is a delicious and healthier alternative to American Potato Salad. It features cooked beets, potatoes and carrots along with tangy dill pickles and green peas.
– ▢4 medium potatoes
– ▢2 large carrots
– ▢1 can sweet peas drained and rinsed
– ▢3-4 dill pickles or more if you like
– ▢1 large beets
– ▢1 medium onion finely minced
– ▢2 tablespoon olive oil or sunflower oil
– ▢2 sprigs green onion diced
– ▢½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
– ▢¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beet, potatoes and carrots. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until vegetables are tender when poked with a knife.
2. At the same time, heat olive oil in a large saute pan and over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring occasionally until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer onions to a bowl.
3. When vegetables are tender, carefully remove them from water and place in a bowl with cold water. This will allow them to cool faster.
4. Once they are cool to handle, peel and cut the vegetables along with dill pickles into small cubes.
5. In a large bowl combine cut vegetables, green onion, green peas, sautéed onion, salt and pepper.
6. Give everything a stir and enjoy!