One of the great ways to use pumpkin puree is to add it to a risotto. My Mushroom And Pumpkin Risotto is easy and delicious one pan dinner recipe with flavors of fall.
– ▢5 oz Shiitake mushrooms,
– ▢4 tbsp olive oil
– ▢2 cloves garlic
– ▢¾ c pumpkin puree
– ▢3 c vegetable broth
– ▢1 c Arborio rice
– ▢½ c vegan Parmesan cheese
– ▢1 shallot
– ▢¾ tsp salt
– ▢¼ tsp pepper
– ▢4 tbsp parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté them until mushrooms begin to brown, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer mushrooms to a plate.
2. In a large bowl whisk together warm vegetable broth and pumpkin puree and set the bowl next to the pan.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté shallots for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
4. Add Arborio rice and stir for a few minutes. Pour 2 cups of pumpkin broth into the rice, add the remaining salt, pepper, give everything a stir and simmer until rice absorbs all liquid.
5. Continue adding broth, 1-2 ladles at a time until rice is fully cooked.
6. Stir in vegan Parmesan cheese, adjust salt and pepper if needed and remove the pan from the heat.
More risotto recipes:
Best Mushroom Risotto
Wild Mushrooms Farrotto