This delicious Miso Sweet Potato Mash is a must for the holidays. Ready in 30 minutes, with just 6 ingredients, this sugar-free vegan side dish is healthy, creamy and satisfying.
– ▢2 lb sweet potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
– ▢¼ c soy milk up to ½ cup
– ▢2 teaspoon white Miso paste
– ▢¼ teaspoon salt
– ▢2 tablespoon vegan butter
– ▢½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Cook the potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add peeled and chopped potatoes. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pot with a lid keeping it slightly ajar and cook the potatoes until they are tender when poked with a knife, about 15 minute.
2. Drain and add Miso. Drain all cooked water in a colander and then return the potatoes back into the pot. Add the dairy-free milk, Miso paste and vegan butter.
3. Mash the sweet potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until creamy and smooth. If necessary, you can add more plant-based milk. Give the potatoes a try to see if the dish needs more salt.
4. Serve. Transfer mashed sweet potatoes in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with some thyme leaves and if you want, drizzle with some extra vegan butter. Enjoy!