This creamy vegan Pumpkin Pasta is so easy and perfect for fall especially on busy weeknights. Pick your favorite pasta, toss it with a pumpkin sage sauce and you have a healthy autumn meal ready in minutes.
– ▢8 oz pasta
– ▢2 tablespoon olive oil
– ▢½ medium onion
– ▢3 cloves garlic
– ▢1 tablespoon fresh sage
– ▢1 ½ c pumpkin puree
– ▢½ c vegetable broth
– ▢½ c plant-based milk
– ▢1 teaspoon salt
– ▢¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Start off with cooking your pasta. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add salt and add pasta. I used bow ties. Cook pasta for 7-10 minutes or until it's fully cooked.
2. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts. You can either do it in a dry skillet or in a baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place pine nuts in a baking dish and toast them for 7-10 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. While you toast your pine nuts, it's time to make the pumpkin pasta sauce. Heat olive oil in a large pan and over medium heat. Add onion and sauté stirring occasionally for 7-10 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds.
4. Next, reduce the heat to low and add fresh sage, vegetable broth, canned pumpkin purée and plant-based milk. Simmer the pumpkin alfredo sauce for 7 minutes. Add salt, pepper and remove sauce from the heat.
5. Drain cooked pasta and add it into the pumpkin sage sauce. Toss to combine.
6. Arrange pumpkin pasta among the bowls, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and serve.
Pumpkin Cranberry Biscotti
Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
Pumpkin Zucchini Fritters