If you're looking for a savory pumpkin recipe, these vegan Pumpkin Fritters will not disappoint. They are super easy, ready in just 30 minutes and perfect for autumn lunch or dinner.
– ▢1 c pumpkin puree
– ▢2 zucchini
– ▢1 tablespoon flax seeds whole or ground
– ▢½ medium onion
– ▢⅔ c all-purpose flour
– ▢½ teaspoon salt
– ▢½ teaspoon baking powder
– ▢2 tablespoon olive oil
1. The first step in making these pumpkin fritters is making the vegan "egg". In a small bowl combine flax seeds and water. Give it a stir and set aside for 10 minutes. You can either use ground flax seeds or whole seeds.
2. Next, chop off 1⁄2 inch from each end of the zucchini. Using small holes of a box grater, grate the zucchini. Using your hands or cheesecloth, squeeze all water out of zucchini and add them to a large bowl.
3. Add canned pumpkin, grated onion and flax "egg" to a bowl with zucchini. Mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix again and your batter is smooth.
4. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and over medium heat. Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until the vegan fritters are golden brown. Serve immediately.
5. Serve with a vegan sour cream and chopped parsley.