If you're wondering what to do with canned pumpkin puree, look no further. This Pumpkin Risotto with mushroom is easy, so flavorful and perfect for fall dinner.
1. Cook the mushrooms. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and over medium heat. Add Shiitake and sauté them until mushrooms begin to brown, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer mushrooms to a plate.
2. Make a pumpkin broth. In a large bowl whisk warm vegetable broth and canned pumpkin puree. Place the bowl next to the pan where you cook the risotto.
3. Sauté the onion. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté shallots for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
4. Start adding the rice. Add Arborio rice and stir for a minute. Pour 2 cups of warm pumpkin broth into the rice, add the remaining salt, pepper, give everything a good stir and simmer until rice absorbs almost all liquid.
5. Cook the rice. Continue adding pumpkin broth, 1-2 ladles at a time until rice is fully cooked.
6. Finish. Adjust salt and pepper and remove the skillet from the heat. Serve risotto with some vegan Parmesan if you want and parsley.