Simple but so delicious vegan Heirloom Tomato Salad made with fresh heirloom tomatoes and addictive crunchy topping! Super easy and healthy side dish that goes with everything! You'll be hooked.
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– ▢3 cloves garlic
– ▢½ c Panko breadcrumbs
– ▢1 ½ lb Heirloom tomatoes
– ▢¼ c red onion
– ▢1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
– ▢½ teaspoon salt
– ▢¼ teaspoon pepper
– ▢2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
1. Prepare garlicky breadcrumbs for the salad by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet and over medium heat. Add garlic pushed through a garlic press and stir for 30 seconds. Add breadcrumbs and toast stirring from time to time until they start turning brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Depending of the size of your tomatoes, cut them into 5 or 6 wedges and arrange on a serving plate. Don't forget to remove the core.
3. Thinly slice the red onion and scatter it over tomatoes. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
4. Top the tomato salad with the toasted breadcrumbs followed by a drizzle of 1 tablespoon of olive oil and vinegar. Scatter basil over the salad and serve immediately.