Cooking Basmati rice on the stove has never been easier if you follow my few simple tips. As a bonus, I'll also show you how to cook rice properly to remove as much arsenic as possible.
1. Add 1 cup of uncooked Basmati white rice to a medium saucepan. Don't rinse it. Add 4 cups of water.
2. Bring rice to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir it around to ensure individual grains don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. Remove Basmati rice from the heat, and drain it in a metal strainer. Rinse it well with clean cold water.
4. Wash the cooking pot.
5. Add rice to the pot with 1 ¼ c water, salt, and avocado oil. Cover rice with a lid and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until all water is absorbed.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and set it aside. Wait to lift the lid for 10 minutes.
7. Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.