Pumpkin pull-apart bread is a delicious twist on the classic breakfast pastry. This bread is made by layering dough with a pumpkin spice mixture, creating a warm treat perfect for sharing.
– ▢1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
– ▢3 tbsp coconut sugar
– ▢1 c apple juice heated to 85 F or slightly warm
– ▢2 tbsp avocado oil
– ▢3 ⅓ c all-purpose flour sifted 2 times
– ▢1 c pumpkin puree
– ▢1 tsp salt
– ▢⅓ c coconut sugar
– ▢1 tsp cinnamon
– ▢½ c icing sugar
– ▢2 tsp lemon juice
1. In a Kitchen Aid whisk yeast, sugar, apple juice and oil. Cover with a plate and leave in a warm place for 15-20 mins. Whisk in pumpkin puree, salt and flour. Cover and let the dough rest for for 10-15 mins.
2. Attach the bowl with a dough to your stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment and knead on speed 2. In one minute increase the speed to 3 and knead until the dough pulls away from the walls and forms into a ball. Cover the bowl and place in a warm place until it doubles in size.
3. Invert the dough on a lightly oiled work surface or silicone mat. Roll it out into a large rectangle, about 15 × 23 inches. It doesn't have to be precise.
4. In a small bowl combine ingredients for the filling and press the filling into a rolled out dough.
5. Using a knife, cut the dough crosswise into 6 strips. Stack strips, then cut crosswise into 4 even pieces, leaving stacks intact.
6. Loosely stagger pieces, cut sides up, in a parchment lined loaf pan. Cover with a larger bowl and let the dough rise until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 356 F. Bake the pumpkin pull apart bread for 40-45 minutes until golden. Remove and cool for 10 minutes. Invert on a wire rack to cool completely.
8. In a medium bowl whisk icing sugar and lemon juice. When the loaf cooled completely, drizzle the glaze over pull apart pumpkin bread in a criss cross pattern.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee:)