These Creamy Vegan Brussels Sprouts are ready in just 30 minutes. They pack a fantastic flavor and will become a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. Dairy-free and Gluten-free.
– ▢1 lb Brussels sprouts
– ▢1 leek
– ▢2 tablespoon vegan butter or vegetable broth
– ▢2 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
– ▢¾ c almond milk
– ▢2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– ▢½ c coconut milk
– ▢½ teaspoon salt
– ▢¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Using a sharp knife, cut each Brussels Sprout into 3 or 4 slices. – Slice off the leek’s dark green end. Then thinly slice the remaining pale green part of leek into rings and discard the root end.
2. Melt vegan butter (or vegetable broth) in a medium skillet and over medium heat. Add sprouts and leek and cook stirring occasionally until sprouts begin to soften, about 7-9 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix together corn starch or arrowroot starch and 2 tablespoon of almond milk. Whisk in mustard powder.
4. Add this mixture to a skillet along with the remaining almond milk, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens and sprouts are tender as per your taste.
5. Serve immediately.