This Eggplant Au Gratin is a traditional French recipe that is so easy to make at home. Gratin comes creamy, flavorful and so comforting. Perfect side dish for any occasion.
1. Place sliced eggplant on a parchment lined baking pan. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and brush with olive oil.
2. Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine Crème Fraîche, half and half and Feta cheese.
Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Stir in thyme and chives and set aside.
4. In 2.5-quart baking dish spread tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Place eggplant slices. Spread tomato sauce once again and sprinkle with ¼ cup of Gruyere cheese. Scatter 1-2 torn basil leaves over the sauce.
5. Continue layering with remaining eggplant, sauce and basil. Finish with pouring over the cream and Feta sauce and sprinkling with the remaining Gruyere cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and the top is browned. Serve warm.