This roasted caramelised butternut squash is made with just 6 ingredients and ready in no time. Healthy and easy side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas any occasion.
– 2 lb butternut squash
– 2 tablespoon organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
– ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
– 2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 teaspoon lemon zest
– 2 tablespoon Maple syrup
1. Wash and peel the squash. If you're using a whole squash, lay it flat on the cutting board and cut it in half. Then, cut each piece in half down the center vertically. Scrape out the seeds. Cut squash halves into slices and chop each slice into small cubes.
2. Next, arrange chopped butternut on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle it with sugar, mix and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Remove butternut squash from the oven, sprinkle with cinnamon, lemon zest and lemon juice and continue baking for another 20 minutes or until the squash in tender.
4. Remove squash from the oven, drizzle with the Maple syrup or honey. Transfer to a bowl and serve.