Here's an easy Vegan Chocolate Frosting recipe that is perfectly sweetened, chocolaty, and absolutely mouthwatering. Made with just 5 ingredients, you'll want to eat this dairy-free chocolate frosting by the spoonful.
– ⅔ c cacao powder
– 1 c powdered sugar
– 1 c vegan butter softened
– ½ c plant-based milk I used almond milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl sift cacao powder and sugar. Sifting will help to break up clumps.
2. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat softened butter until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add cacao-sugar mixture, vanilla, and ¼ c almond milk and beat on a low speed until sugar is incorporated.
4. Increase the speed, and beat for 2 more minutes adding more plant-based milk as necessary to loosen the consistency and scraping down the sides of the bowl several times to ensure everything is well blended.
Spread on chocolate cakes, cupcakes or muffins. Yum!