Easy and delicious, these Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Garlic And Dill are a comfort side dish that never disappoints. Made with just 4 simple ingredients, these are a crowd-pleaser.
– 16 small to medium red or yellow potatoes
– ½ tablespoon + ¼ teaspoon salt divided
– 3 cloves garlic
– 2 tablespoon fresh dill
– 5 tablespoon olive oil divided
– ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add ½ tablespoon of salt, washed potatoes and cook on a medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft when poked with a knife.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 F and in a small bowl combine garlic, dill, 3 tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
3. Drain the potatoes and place on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Using a flat bottom of a glass or cup, gently smash each potato until slightly flattened but doesn't fall apart.
4. Drizzle the potatoes with the remaining olive oil and bake for 15 more minutes until the potatoes get slightly crispy on top.