The creamiest and lightest 3-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse. It's the perfect Valentine's Day dessert and you can use chickpea water (aka aquafaba) instead of tofu! Gluten-free and sugar-free!
– ▢7 oz aquafaba
– ▢6.5 oz dairy free chocolate chips or bar
– ▢2 tablespoon Maple syrup
1. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave in 10 seconds increments stirring each time until the chocolate melts.
2. Meanwhile, add a room temperature aquafaba to a large dry bowl. Using a hand mixer, start beating it on a low speed until foamy, about 1 minute
3. Slowly increase the speed to high and beat aquafaba in circular motion until stiff peaks. If you lift the mixer beaters, the whipped aquafaba will not fall off but will hold steady on a beater. This might take about 5 -10 minutes so don't worry if yours is taking a little longer.
4. Slowly start adding melted chocolate to a whipped aquafaba, adding ⅓ of all chocolate at a time and using a rubber spatula to fold it in circular motion.
5. Pour Maple syrup and fold again. Stop folding as soon as you combine all the ingredients. Less folding - more voluminous your vegan chocolate mousse will be.
6. Distribute the mixture among 4 or 5 serving glasses and put in a refrigerator for about 2 hours to chill. Remove from the fridge and serve!
Optional - Decorate it with a whipped coconut cream. Scoop a solid part from the can of coconut milk and add to a bowl. Whisk using a hand whisk until nice and fluffy. Pipe it on top of chilled chocolate mousse;