Do you like pancakes as much I do? Let’s call them fancy – crepes. Because these are not your regular pancakes with butter and maple syrup. These Strawberry Crepes are much more delicate and tender treat that you and your kids will love. The ingredients are simple and you can buy them in pretty much any grocery store.
Strawberry Crepes With Ricotta Cheese
I made these crepes with Ricotta cheese, but if you prefer, you can easily substitute with Mascarpone cheese. That way, the crepes will be more on a sweeter side. If you do use Mascarpone, you can omit sugar in the filling, since Mascarpone is already sweet.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ¾ cup ricotta or mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon zest + more for garnish
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Using a hand mixer, beat eggs and salt until foamy.
- Keep the mixer on and gradually add in boiling water, cold milk, flour and vegetable oil.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan.
- Cook the crepe for about 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of sugar. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 mins.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Spread each crepe with 1-2 tbsp of ricotta mixture, fold into quarters and top with strawberries. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Now, grab some ricotta and strawberries and start creating!
I hope you’ll like this Strawberry Crepes recipe. Let me know in the comments below.