These Mini Pancakes are so good. Made with pumpkin and sweet crispy apple. The best thing is that they can be prepared in minutes, just in time for breakfast.
Mini Pancakes with Pumpkin and Apple
I’ve never made Pumpkin pancakes. Well, until recently. Since we’re talking about all things fall and the abundance of pumpkins on the shelves of grocery stores, I succumbed to the temptation to make something pumpkiny again.
And I’m so glad I did. Because these mini pancakes with pumpkin and apple came out so good. Perfect little breakfast treat, enough to set the mood for a good day ahead.
Mini pancakes are extremely popular in Ukraine and Russia. We call them “oladyi”. Any homemaker knows how to do them and there are so many different recipes. I’m going to show a very easy recipe. I’m pretty sure you already have ingredients on hands so you’ll be able to whip up a batch of these in no time.
Start off with peeling and grating your apple and mixing it with pumpkin puree.
Add egg, flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. I haven’t added sugar since apple is quite sweet and pumpkin has some sweetness in it too.
Mix everything well. The batter should resemble a sour cream or be slightly thicker.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet and drop a tablespoonful of batter into a skillet. Cook until browned on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve these lovely mini pancakes with your favorite jam, honey or sour cream.
- 1⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 4 heaping tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- butter for frying
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet and on the medium heat.
- Drop one tablespoonfool of batter into a skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Continue with the remaining batter. Add more butter between batches.
- Serve immediately with honey, sour cream or your favorite jam.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: