This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GranolaMyWay #CollectiveBias
It’s not a secret that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Some people like to have a simple – cup of coffee or tea and they’re good. But as for myself, I can’t imagine not having a bowl of granola or oatmeal with fruits in the morning. In fact, that’s what I’ve been eating for breakfast for the last 7 years. Do you think it’s boring? Not, at all. It’s delicious, nutritious and gives me the necessary energy boost for the rest of the day. In regards to granola, you can eat it at pretty much any time of the day as a quick snack to get that energy going. And with granola souffle recipe that I’m going to show you today, you’ll easily fall in love with granola and make this your number one option for breakfast.
Lately, I’ve been on the lookout for granola, that would be a base ingredient for my granola souffle. While I was shopping at Walmart, I came across Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola. With a special blend of super grains and seeds, such as Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Wheat, Flaxseed, Red Quinoa, Sunflower Seeds, Amaranth and Barley, I knew that Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola would be a perfect choice for my breakfast granola souffle. The more nutrients you get with your breakfast – the more active and energized you’ll feel throughout the day.
As I’ve already mentioned, my breakfast throughout many years has always been simple. This time, however, I decided to get out of my regular breakfast routine and make something special and incredibly delicious. That’s when the idea of granola souffle came to life. My aim was to create a dish, that is simple yet packed with the delicious goodness, enough to give you a good energy kick to go about your day.
The souffle comes out sweet and fluffy. It’s definitely one of the most delicious breakfasts I’ve ever made. My daughter was super excited gobbling the souffle right up and she’s usually a cereal type of kid.
For my souffle, I chose fresh raspberries and blackberries as garnish, but you can choose any berries you like.
- 1½ cup Quaker® Real Medley SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- maple syrup (optional, for serving)
- cocoa powder (optional, for serving)
- coconut shred (optional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and granola. Cook on a medium to low heat until thickened to a porridge consistency, about 30 minutes.
- Let the porridge slightly cool.
- Crack 3 egg yolks (reserve the egg whites) and lemon zest into the porridge and quickly whisk until yolks are incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of fresh berries and carefully mix it altogether.
- In a medium bowl, beat 3 egg whites until high stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the granola.
- Transfer the mixture into a buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining 1 cup of fresh berries, maple syrup, cocoa powder and shredded coconut.
I hope you’ll enjoy this super tasty granola souffle made with Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola and fresh fruits. If you’re having a busy day ahead, this is the type of breakfast that will get you going.
Make sure to check other delicious recipes from Quaker® to spruce up your breakfast routine.
Have you tried granola souffle before?