My summer vacation is officially over. Well, it was over 2 weeks ago, but only now, after we moved to a different state and settled into a new house, I’m slowly getting back into the blogging world. During my summer travels across Ukraine and New York, I gathered some new cool recipes which I absolutely can’t wait to share with you.
The salad I’m doing today, it super simple and quick. In fact, you can make it in under 10 min. No fancy ingredients. Simple, healthy and delicious. What else do we want, right? The salad came out so good that my picky daughter gobbled everything right up. She didn’t even leave me anything. So I had to make it the next day, but the bigger batch.
It’s creamy, crunchy with a little savory notes of lemon and its zest. My family loved it and something tells me you will love it too!
The recipe is really simple. You can play around with adding different dried fruits, depending on what you prefer. I used blueberries since that’s the only dried fruit I had at home. They very well complimented the light savouriness of the sauce.
Let me know if you make it and if you want to see similar recipes on Lavender & Macarons.
- 1 Avocado
- 3 Radishes
- 1 small Shallot
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoon Dried blueberries (cranberries, cherries)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp - Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp - sugar
- Salt, Pepper
- In a medium bowl combine shallots, sliced into thin half rounds, add chopped avocado, thinly sliced radishes and pumpkin seeds.
- In a serving bowl, whisk together sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped vegetables and toss well.
- Garnish with dried blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Shape.com