As I was about to throw one of my food magazines in a trash, I quickly skimmed through its pages. There are usually a lot of good recipes to catch some ideas for my future cooking. But this time I immediately stopped my eyes on a simple recipe that is genius as it could be.
…Linguine with Green Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies. Does it already make you drool?:)
What makes this recipe simple and unique is that you don’t really cook the sauce. You just toss all of the ingredients together and mix it with cooked pasta. The only thing, that you will cook besides linguine are breadcrumbs. You just need to lightly toast them until nice and golden. Although, it may be a totally optional step.
I’m quite puzzled, why I haven’t come with this simple pasta recipe before. Green Olives, Capers and Anchovies are my favorite ingredients. And they are almost always a staple in my pantry. Whenever I run out of ideas about what to cook, I refer to anchovies quite often. I love to seamlessly incorporate them in my dishes.
My husband, though, is not a big capers lover. But I still manage to sneak a little bit of this tangy ingredient in many of my recipes.
As I was writing this recipe, I realized that this is the first pasta recipe post that I’m making on this website. And I cook pasta every week. I should definitely post more regular pasta recipes since I love experimenting with different ingredients and would like to share my discoveries with you.
If you like all things salty, this linguine with green olive sauce, capers and anchovies is what you need. But in order to balance out the saltiness of the dish, we’ll need a lot of parsley and dill. This what makes this recipe delicious yet healthy.
- 5 oz linguine
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- good handful of green olives, pitted
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper
- Cook pasta according to a package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water just before draining.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and toast, stirring for 2-3 min until golden. Transfer into a bowl, add chopped dill, lemon zest and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mash anchovies and garlic to a paste. Add parsley, olives, capers and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Add pasta into the sauce together with ¼ cup of Parmesan and ¼ cup of pasta water. Add the remaining cheese and pasta water if more smooth consistency is desired. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Serve topped with breadcrumbs and more Parmesan.
What do you think of this Linguine with Green Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies recipe? Would you want to make it at home?