Are you looking for Vegan Mushroom Recipes that are easy, tasty and healthy? This post features the best plant-based mushroom recipes that are sure to fit the bill. From flavor-packed salads and hearty soups to easy mushroom entrees, this collection has something for everyone.
Looking for new ways to get some plant-based proteins into your diet? I got you covered. This collection of vegan mushroom recipes is anything but boring.
Mushrooms are a wonderful addition to vegan meals. They're packed with nutrients. These hearty vegetables can be used in everything from salads and soups to entrees.
Here are some creative yet easy ways to incorporate these edible fungi into your diet.
👆Here's Why You Should Be Eating Mushrooms
- short cooking time. Vegan mushroom recipes take minutes to prepare. That's why they make an excellent choice for dinner on a whim.
- nutritious. Mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, B vitamins, Copper, Selenium, and Potassium. All these nutrients are known to help lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure as well as boost the immune system.
- endless recipe opportunities. Mushrooms can elevate any dish by adding their distinctive umami flavor. They can be marinated and added to salads, stir-fried, made into a gravy or sauce, and act as a meat replacement in lasagna. There are so many vegan mushroom recipes and I'm going to show you the best ones.
💭 What Are The Best Mushrooms To Cook With?
Grocery stores as well as farmer's markets sell so many edible mushroom varieties. Some of them have a milder flavor, while others pack a flavor explosion.
Here are some of the most popular mushroom varieties that you can find in stores:
- Portobello (Cremini mushrooms) - have a mild taste and are suitable for all recipes involving mushrooms.
- Button (White mushrooms) - have a similar flavor profile as Portobello mushrooms. Suitable for any vegan mushroom recipes.
- Shiitake mushrooms have a woodsy and earthy flavor, more intense than in Portobello and Button mushrooms. Only caps are usually consumed and stems are perfect for making mushroom broth.
- Oyster mushrooms have a delicate aroma and savory flavor. In Asian cooking, Oysters are mostly used for soups, stir-fries, or sauces. In addition, their wavy texture and mild taste makes them perfect for grilling and sautéing in olive oil or vegan butter.
- Porcini - one of the most aromatic mushroom varieties. It's very difficult to find them in a raw form, so most grocery stores sell dried Porcini. Soaking and thorough cooking of Porcini are necessary before consumption.
- Morels - often found in spring, these funky-looking mushrooms are rich in flavor and suitable for salads, soups, or stir-frying with some soy sauce.
- Chanterelle mushrooms have a very rich, slightly fruity flavor. Most often found in grocery stores in the fall. Chanterelles are delicious in such vegan mushroom recipes as Stroganoff, fried mushrooms with potatoes, or soups.
Note, that you can easily interchange mushrooms in any of the vegan mushroom recipes below.
If a recipe calls for Portobello mushrooms, but you have Shiitake or Oyster mushrooms, use them in a recipe instead.
Below are my favorite vegan mushroom recipes. All of them are easy, savory and so delicious!
I hope my collection of the best vegan mushroom recipes was useful. Let me know what are your favorite vegan ideas with mushrooms?
For a quick overview of the post, please check out my Best Vegan Mushroom Recipes web-story.
More Vegan Recipe Ideas
If you make this recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate it. I always appreciate the feedback. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.