Simple Vegan Avocado Sandwich that you can make on a whim for breakfast, lunch or snack. Easy, healthy and always delicious.
Everyone loves Avocado Sandwiches. Avocado is a versatile ingredient, pairs well with any vegetable and provides you with a good amount of healthy fats.
Avocado Sandwiches are quick to make and are perfect for breakfast-on-the-go or simple lunch.
I, personally love recipes like this, because they don't require much thinking and preparation. Avocado is always in my fridge and whenever I'm busy or don't feel cooking at all, avocado sandwich comes to the rescue.
My husband is also a fan of all things simple. So when I took pictures of this veg sandwich and left it on a counter, he couldn't help but quickly chomped it all up. Recipes like this are right up his alley.
My Vegan Avocado Sandwich is a healthy and delicious option for when the hunger strikes. Just mash an avocado, spread it on a bread and the basic sandwich is done.
To give this easy vegan avocado sandwich more nutrition, I added some fresh radishes from my garden. I love radishes because they're a part of cruciferous vegetables family and are literally packed with antioxidants and vitamins.
Avocado plus radishes equals crunchy and yummy.
The best part about this simple Vegan Avocado Toast is that it's made with just 3 basic ingredients. From there on, you can customize it based on what you have in your fridge.
- bread - for more health benefits, choose whole grain bread, like Rye or Whole Wheat loaf
- avocados - choose the ripest avocados. They usually have darker color and are slightly soft when you squeeze them
- garlic - is optional. Of course it'll make your sandwich even more flavorful and healthier. On the other hand, if you're planning to have business meetings later that day, it's probably a good idea to skip garlic
- salt - used for flavor. You can omit it if you want
- red pepper flakes - I love sprinkling them on my vegetable sandwiches. Red pepper flakes always give an additional spicy kick which I personally like. Again, this is an optional step
In addition to avocados and radishes, here's how you can spruce up this simple breakfast sandwich:
- for extra calories, spread a thin layer of hummus on bread. This will be your sandwich base and then top with mashed or sliced avocados and radishes
- top you avocado toast with sliced Kalamata or green olives
- slice some fresh cucumbers and arrange them on sandwich as well
- for even more nutrition, top your avocado sandwich with some fresh sprouts
Vegan Avocado Sandwich
- Cut your avocados in half and using a spoon scoop out a flesh into a bowl.
- Using a cocktail muddler or fork, mash the avocados while maintaining some chunky texture.
- Optional - push garlic through a garlic press and stir into mashed avocados.
- Stir in salt and taste if avocados need more of it.
- Trim the green tops off the radishes and thinly slice them.
- Divide mashed avocados among 4 slices of bread, top with radishes and sprinkle with some red pepper flakes.
- Slice the sandwich in half and serve immediately.