This amazing Black Truffle Pasta is healthy, flavorful and very easy to make. It's great for a date night with your significant other or when you want to make your dinner extra special.
Love yummy mushroom recipes? Try my Ground Mushroom Bolognese - delicious and full of flavor.
What do you cook for dinner if you want to make it extra special but not ready to slave over the kitchen stove?
Enter vegan Truffle Pasta In A Creamy Cashew Sauce.
It's one of those dishes that smells good, tastes amazing and cooks super fast. Perfect for date nights!
As we all know truffle is considered a fancy mushroom. It's hard to find it in raw form, but luckily there are a few of places where you can buy preserved truffles.
My mother-in-law first introduced me to truffles in a jar many years ago. They are usually preserved in water or oil and make an amazing addition to literally any recipe, especially the ones that lack flavor.
Truffle is a king of flavor and capable to transform even the simplest dishes.
What kind of truffles should I use?
Black Summer Truffle has an intense earthy flavor and it works perfect in pasta dishes.
When cooking with truffles, there's one important detail to remember:
- always add truffles at the very end of the cooking process. You just want them to become the same temperature as your dish. Overcooking results in almost tasteless truffles and less flavorful dish.
What sauce goes with Truffle Pasta?
Now, let's talk about the sauce. Lately I've been loving cashew cream sauces. It's a wonderful dairy-free sauce and it's healthy too.
In addition, cashew cream is quite easy to make at home with only 3 ingredients.
You'll love serving it over pasta, in soups or with vegetable fritters.
When you combine cashew cream, shaved truffles and a bit of truffle water, you create the most incredible truffle sauce that you just can't get enough of.
This Pasta with Black Truffles is best when eaten right away. So cook as much as you'll eat in one sitting.
What goes with Truffle Pasta?
This pasta is flavorful and delicious and I recommend pairing it with simple green salad or baked vegetables:
- Vegan Cauliflower Salad With Radishes And Corn
- Oven Roasted Green Beans And Tomatoes
- Baked Zucchini With Mozzarella And Tomatoes
If you like this Truffle Mushroom Pasta, you might also enjoy these recipes with mushrooms:
Prepare cashew cream
- Drain cashews and add them to a high speed blender along with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ cup of water. Process on high for 2-3 minutes until creamy and thick. You might want to add more water if the sauce comes out too thick.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and 8 oz of spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes of until spaghetti are al dente or cooked through.
Prepare cashew truffle sauce
- Meanwhile add cashew cream to a large non-stick pan and bring to a low simmer. Add truffles, truffle water (or oil), give it a whisk. After 1 minute remove cashew cream sauce from the heat.
Combine pasta with the sauce
- Drain spaghetti reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add spaghetti to a pan with cashew cream and toss to combine adding few tablespoon of pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped basil and freshly ground black pepper or red pepper flakes.