Loaded with flavorful Grilled Veggies, melty Mozzarella and smothered in grilled pepper tapenade, these easy Stovetop Grilled Vegetable Panini don't require panini maker. You can make them with just a grill pan and one easy trick.
Stovetop Grilled Vegetable Panini
Finally you (and I) can enjoy panini at home without going to a restaurant. A few weeks ago I was flipping through the pages of my favorite cooking magazine and stumbled across panini recipe that doesn't require panini maker. It's a genius and easy method and I'm surprised I haven't thought about it before.
To make these beautiful panini in a comfort of your own home, there's one major tool you need - a stovetop grill pan. If you don't have it, I strongly recommend you getting one asap. It is seriously a life-saver for those days when you don't want or can't grill outside.
I personally use my grill pan all the time and don't have to rely on my husband to fire up an outdoor grill.
That being said, I absolutely love panini. These popular Italian sandwiches are definitely a type of a comfort food. Inspired by the food mag that I told you about earlier, I've made smokingly delicious grilled vegetables panini. They are loaded with comforting flavors of summer. For an extra juiciness and tang, I've made bell pepper and Kalamata olive tapenade and smothered my ciabatta rolls with this mouthwatering spread.
Beside of the regular Panini ingredient, which is fresh Mozzarella, I added a bit of blue cheese. I just love it and I think it works great in sandwiches. You can also add Brie or Camembert. I'm sure they'll taste amazing in this awesome summer Grilled Vegetable Panini.
- 1 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise into ¼ - inch thick slices
- 1 medium yellow squash sliced lengthwise into ¼ - inch thick slices
- 1 small eggplant sliced lengthwise into ¼ - inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½ - inch thick wedges
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
For Panini And Tapenade
- 2 ciabatta rolls cut lengthwise
- 2 thin slices of your favorite blue cheese
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 ½ teaspoon capers drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- olive oil for brushing a grill pan
- Lightly coat your grill pan with an olive oil and heat it for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine all 4 ingredients for the brushing mixture.
- Brush your first 5 ingredients with olive oil and garlic mixture and grill vegetables on both sides for 5-6 minutes, checking on them frequently to prevent from burning. You'll have to work in batches.
- When all veggies have been grilled, cut them into 2 - inch pieces. Don't remove grill pan from the heat.
- In a bowl of a food processor, add ¾ of grilled bell pepper, Kalamata olives, capers, lemon juice and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Spoon out the top and bottom halves of ciabatta rolls. Spread bell pepper and Kalamata olive tapenade over 2 bottom halves of both rolls. Divide grilled vegetables among both sandwiches followed by a few slices of Mozzarella, blue cheese, basil and top halves of rolls.
- Lightly brush grill pan with olive oil and place both sandwiches on a grill. Press them with a cast iron skillet and grill for 2 minutes on both sides or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately!
I'd love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: