This Tomato White Bean Soup is rich in flavors and full of vegetable goodness. Creamy, silky and irresistibly delicious.
Tomato White Bean Soup With Bacon
I don’t know about you, but I never get enough of bean dishes. My pantry is always loaded with dry and canned beans of all types. I cook beans all the time, because first – they are a great substitute for meat and second – they are hearty and super filling.
I’ve been cooking different variations of bean soup for so many times. Today, I want to show you a no-fail recipe that tastes outstanding, will load you up quickly and is visually stunning. Prepare to fall madly in love with Tomato White Bean Soup With Bacon And Rosemary.
- 1 cup white beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ¼-inch strips
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- In a large pot, combine drained beans, vegetable broth, bay leaf, rosemary and bring to a boil. Simmer the beans over moderately low heat until the beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- In a medium saute pan, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp and browned, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer the bacon onto a paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a shallow X on the bottom of each tomato. Immerse
- the tomatoes in a big pot of boiling water and leave them for 3 minutes. Drain, peel off the skin and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil, add onions and carrots and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer cooked vegetables into a pot with white beans. Add salt, pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and rosemary sprig.
- Using an immersion or standing blender, puree the soup until creamy. If the soup is too thick, add a little more broth or water.
- Serve with sliced scallions and bacon.
I hope you’ll like my silky and creamy Tomato White Bean Soup. And let me know in the comments below what is your favorite way to cook beans?
If you crave more comforting soups, I’ve got you covered. How about The Best Chili Recipe that won a cook off? It’s warm, spicy and beyond comforting.
I link to these awesome Link Parties.