Loaded with flavor and some unexpected ingredients, The Best Chili Recipe is a showstopper. Perfect comfort food for a colder weather.
The Best Chili Recipe You Could Ever Ask For
Friends, before I continue to the recipe, did you get a chance to downloaded my FREE E-COOKBOOK of Comforting European Meals? No? Grab your free copy here.
Okay, now let’s talk about Chili. Not to brag, but it’s seariously AMAZING!
Last week, the community where I live, announced a chili cook-off. Since I’m a food blogger, I absolutely couldn’t pass the opportunity to show off my cooking skills. I knew I had to be there and make the best Chili to impress everyone.
Now, the most fascinating part about this story is that I’ve never made chili before. I don’t even remember if I ever tried it.
The result – the best chili recipe has won the cook-off and everyone was curious what I put in there to make it taste that good.
Are you curious yet?:) Here, I’m sharing with you the exact recipe that I’ve come up with based on hundreds of online recipes.
I took out the best from each of them, added my personal twist and made a soup that’s from now on has the “The Best Award Winning Chili Recipe” title.
If you’re a visual person like me, make sure to check the VIDEO TUTORIAL of my Chili that I posted at the very beginning of the post.
- 1 lb ground turkey thighs
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 cans (14 oz each can) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) kidney beans
- 1 can (14 oz) white beans
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Shredded Cheddar, for serving
- Sour Cream, for serving
- In a large pot heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion, garlic and both types of peppers and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan and add ground turkey. Cook, stirring constantly and breaking up the big chunks with a fork until the liquid evaporates and meat is thoroughly cooked and slightly brown.
- Add the ground meat into a pot with an onion and pepper mixture.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and beans.
- Dilute tomato paste with 1 cup of chicken broth and add to a pot.
- Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, brown sugar, cocoa powder, chicken broth and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low. If the soup becomes too thick, add ½ cup of chicken broth.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.
If you want to see more comforting soup recipes, I suggest you try my Solyanka Recipe. It is a meat lovers dream come true.
Let me know what are your favorite and must-have ingredients to put in a chili soup?
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I’d love to see your creations.
You’ll also love this