This Easy Salmon Soup makes a great weeknight meal. It’s full of protein and healthy fat, it’s creamy and so yummy. You’ll be making it again!
Happy Monday my friend! I hope your week is going great so far.
My start of the week has been hectic as always. Kids are keeping me busy but I love every second of it.
Speaking of being busy, last week was intense. I had to prepare and shoot two recipes in one day. Do you know what’s it like to make and shoot 2 dishes while kids are running and screaming around? It’s impossible. It’s stressful and overwhelming. But moms are the greatest multitaskers. And I’m proud of myself, because despite the stress and pressure to get everything done as soon as possible, I was able to make 2 incredibly yummy dishes, one of which is this Salmon Soup.
Normally, I make soups for lunch. But since Salmon Soup is high protein and it’s a type of dish I don’t make on a regular basis, I decided to prepare it for dinner. So when my husband came back home from work and heard me saying we’re having a soup for dinner, he was not excited at all. Unlike me, he’s never been a soup person. But then something happened and as soon he sipped his first spoon of soup, I noticed a content smile on his face and a nod of approval. That was it. My salmon soup was so good, that even my picky eating husband loved it.
Let me tell you what you can expect from this Salmon soup:
- good amount of protein
- healthy fat
- super yummy
It’s a kind of soup that you would want to make during cold winter days to keep you happy and energised.
- 1 pound salmon fillet, bones and skin removed and fillet cubed
- 1 leek (dark green top cut out, white part halved and thinly sliced)
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3½ cups water
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4-5 oz spreadable cheese with herbs
- 2 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add salmon and cook on a low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Using a cheese cloth or a fine strainer, strain the fish stock and rinse salmon with water. Set salmon aside.
- Bring the stock to a boil again and add the potatoes. Cook them on a medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium sauté pan and on a medium heat. Add sliced leek and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked, add salmon back to the pot along with sautéed leek, spreadable cheese, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Wait until cheese melts and using an immersion blender or a standing blender, puree the soup.* (see the notes)
- Serve with croutons and dill!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut bread into cubes, place it on a rimmed baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until browned.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I’d love to see your creations.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: