If you live in the Midwest, you know how unpredictable the weather could be. Even though it’s winter, the temperature jumps up and down like a roller coaster.
Anyways, these last few days, we started feeling like winter is really here. With many inches of snow and freezing temperature, the only thing that you want is to stay at home, eat comfort food and enjoy a good movie.
And just in time for such a cold weather, my mom made a spot on Italian Meatball Soup, that is full of warm and comforting flavors, much needed to survive the gruesome winter.
Well, I wish I could really stay at home and do absolutely nothing. But being a mom certainly comes with a lot of responsibilities, that you just can’t avoid. Even though it was snowing all day, we decided to get out of the house and go for a little socializing to a local mall. It has a small playground and kids of all ages can have some fun time. I love going there, so does my daughter.
But, do you know what it’s like to get in the car that was parked outside in a freezing cold? The seats are super cold and by the time the heater starts to take an effect, we already arrived home. This is the part, when I start counting days until spring arrives.
Nevertheless, cold and quite hungry, we arrived home, just in time for dinner. When you are cold, it’s hard to think of a more comforting dish than a warm soup. Add some noodles, Parmesan cheese and delicious chicken meatballs and all negative things fade away. That was exactly how I felt. Initially, I just ladled a soup into a bowl, but there were a tiny bit of a soup leftovers on the bottom of a pot. I thought I’d be good with a couple of ladles. I regretted it later on. The Italian meatball soup went so fast that I craved more. Well, it was too late, just when I decided to finish up the leftovers, they were already gone.
Are you drooling yet? I hope so:) Enjoy this delicious Italian meatball soup at any time when you need some extra warmth and comfort. It will definitely do the job.
- 32 oz low sodium chicken broth
- ½ lb ground chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons soup noodles
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Salt, pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken thighs, milk, 1 chopped shallot, salt and pepper. Use your hands to form small meatballs. Set aside.
- In a medium pot and on the medium heat, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped carrot, the remaining shallot and the meatballs. Cook the soup on the medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl, garnish with chopped dill and sprinkle with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
I hope you’ll like this easy meatball soup recipe. Let me know in the comment section below.