These soft vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are simple yet delicious recipe you can enjoy for breakfast or snack. Baked in no time and finished with a drizzle of aquafaba glaze, these cookies are fun to make and perfect for fall.
This fall, I've been making soft vegan Pumpkin on repeat. Aside from the fact, that in the beginning there was some recipe testing, I really enjoyed how fast these cookies come together.
Moreover, they require just a handful of ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
Just like my Chocolate Glazed Vegan Pumpkin Cookies, these Sugar Cookies are so easy to make.
They are simple yet satisfying. A perfect little treat for when you want a pumpkin-flavored cookie but without all the fuss.
These easy pumpkin cookies are:
- soft on the inside
- made with just 9 ingredients including the glaze
- quick and ready in in no time
Aquafaba is a transparent liquid from a can of bean, usually chickpeas or white beans. It's usually used as an egg-replacer in plant-based recipes.
Here, I use aquafaba to make a simple glaze. Despite, that for years, I made vegan glaze using a lemon juice and a powdered sugar, I discovered that aquafaba has one little advantage.
It makes the glaze "whiter" which in turn makes a final cookie prettier.
These cookies should be stored in the airtight container at a room temperature. Properly stored they'll remain fresh for 3 to 4 days.
These soft vegan pumpkin sugar cookies can also be enjoyed on their own, or without aquafaba glaze.
If you're short on time or don't have a can of beans to make a glaze, you can simply sprinkle these cookies with some icing sugar. They'll be a delicious as an original recipe.
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
For the dough
For the glaze
- 2 tablespoon aquafaba from a can of chickpeas or white beans
- 1 c icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
To make the dough
- Preheat the oven to 390 F.
- In a large bowl whisk all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl mix together oil, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Add oil and pumpkin puree mixture to the bowl with flour and mix until soft dough forms. Don't add more flour.
- Form the dough into a ball. Pinch off small pieces of dough, the size of a tennis bowl, roll it with your hands into a bowl and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven and transfer on a wire rack.
To make the glaze
- Add aquafaba to a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until foamy, about 30 seconds. Stir in ½ c of icing sugar. Then turn on the mixer and beat for 10-20 seconds. Add in the remaining ½ c of sugar and beat for another 20-30 seconds. Add in lemon juice and beat again for a few more seconds.
- Pour a few teaspoons of glaze on each cookie and set on a wire rack until the frosting sets.