Simple recipe for Roasted Green Beans And Cherry Tomatoes is taken to another level with quick Balsamic reduction and a sprinkling of vegan Parmesan cheese. Easy side dish that goes with any meal.
Roasted Balsamic Green Beans aren’t one of those dishes that I grew up eating regularly. I distantly remember making Green Bean Soup or seeing them floating in Borscht, but other than that, back in the days green beans weren’t very popular.
Everything changed after I moved to the US and discovered new holidays such as Thanksgiving Day and the whole lot of dishes with fresh green beans.
Since then I’ve been cooking green beans in every possible way.
I usually love to keep the recipe simple and stick to just a few ingredients. One of my favorite healthy recipes is 15-minute Green Beans which always comes in handy when I need the dinner on the table fast.
My Roasted Green Beans And Tomatoes is also one of those recipes that require minimal work, only 5 ingredients and the result will totally blow your mind.
What sets this roasted green beans and tomatoes recipe apart from other roasted green beans dishes is a final drizzle of a quick Balsamic glaze.
It is my new favorite thing because it adds much more flavor to the beans than just plain Balsamic vinegar. And honestly, it is so easy to make it yourself.
Plus, it’s just so delicious, with a mild fruity flavor, you’ll want to use it on other roasted veggies as well.
- green beans – I recommend Haricot Verts or French green beans. They’re more tender and flavorful than the regular beans. That being said, if you can only find regular green beans, they’re fine as well
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- vegan Parmesan cheese – if you’re not vegan, you can use regular Parmesan
- salt, pepper
1. Season and bake the vegetables
In a large bowl toss together green beans, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange them on a parchment lined baking dish and roast at 425 F for 17-20 minutes until green beans are tender.
2. Make Balsamic reduction
Add Balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan. Cook on a medium low heat until it reduces by half and slightly thickens. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes.This amount should be enough to drizzle green beans all over.
Remove green beans from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with Balsamic glaze. Serve!
🥗 Similar Recipe
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons.
Roasted Green Beans And Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl add green beans, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking dish and roast for 17-20 minutes until green beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, add Balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and cook over medium low heat until it reduces by half and slightly thickens.
- Remove green beans from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with Balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.