The easiest and most delicious cod recipe you’ll ever need. Seared to a flaky perfection and served with a tangy tomato-caper sauce over mashed potatoes or rice, this cod recipe makes an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
Seared Cod With Tomato-Caper Sauce
Lately I’ve been into cooking easy and fast meals. Not that I don’t like trying more complex recipes, I just don’t have time for this right now. Being a mother of two young kids definitely makes me set certain priorities for life. Despite that I love my blog so much and would want to devote more time to it, I equally understand that my kids need me, not fancy recipes.
That being said, under no circumstances I’m ready to give up the taste and flavor of my recipes. I’m trying to spend less time on the kitchen, but make the most out of it.
I’m sure that you’re as busy as I am and will appreciate simple 30 minute or one-pan recipes. You can’t go wrong with them, right?:)
Speaking of simple, seafood has always been a good choice if you need a quick dinner recipe. It’s healthy, delicious and takes little time to prepare.
When it comes to fish choice, I’ve always favoured salmon over other types. When my mom comes to visit, she loves buying cod, but I’ve never been a huge fan of it.
Well, everything changed when I made this super flavorful and easy Seared Cod in Tomato-Caper Sauce. The sauce makes the fish shine and highlights its delicious taste. Cod comes out flaky, juicy with a tangy sauce, that you just want to keep eating.
I enjoyed this recipe so much that I’ll definitely start buying cod more often.
Along with the fish, I served mashed potatoes, but rice or pasta would work just as well.
- 1 - 1½ pounds cod, cut into 2 inches fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 - ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- salt, pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan and over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until it releases its aroma, about 1 minute.
- Add grape tomatoes and cook stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Stir in capers.
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper on one side and add to the pan with tomato-caper sauce.
- Cook cod for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta!
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: