If you have a salmon in your fridge and wandering the Internet for a delicious dinner recipe, I’ve got you covered. My best salmon patties with broccoli and blue cheese dip are a healthy and delicious seafood meal that everyone will love.
Best Salmon Patties With Broccoli And Blue Cheese Dip
I have to admit, when it comes to cooking fish, I rarely try new recipes. See, salmon is a very tender fish and it’s very easy to overcook it and basically spoil it. That’s why I usually stick to my comfort zone and prepare only proven salmon recipes, that mainly consist of baked salmon in a variety of sauces.
Today, however, I’ve got a salmon recipe, that is foolproof and literally no-fail. Combination of salmon that is full of healthy omega-3 acids, broccoli, potato and fresh herbs makes these best salmon patties a perfect choice for lunch or dinner. Blue cheese dip adds this extra tangy note that enhances the taste of the patties.
By baking the patties and using less oil, we make them a perfect healthy choice for those of you on a diet. For a side dish, a healthy Shepherd Salad with Sweet Pepper, Red Onions and Oregano will be a great addition to your dinner, making you full and content.
- ½ lb salmon fillet, skin and bones removed, cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 100 grams broccoli, cut into small florets
- a bunch of parsley leaves
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons all-purspose flour
- 200 grams breadcrumbs (I use Panko)
- 200 ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- 150 grams blue cheese, crumbled
- 200 grams creme fraiche or crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium pot, pour in milk, add bay leaf and salmon.
- Bring to a boil and remove the pot from the heat.
- Discard bay leaf. Leave salmon in the milk until milk becomes warm but not hot.
- Remove fish from the milk, pat dry with a paper towel and mash with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 355 F.
- Put a medium pot of water to a boil, add salt and potatoes. Cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes. It should not be cooked all the way through.
- After 15 minutes, add broccoli and cook everything for another 2 minutes.
- Drain and puree the vegetables with potato masher. Add salmon, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 egg, minced parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything until the ingredients are well combined.
- Using your hands, form small patties.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk 2 eggs and ½ teaspoon of salt. In another bowl, add breadcrumbs and in a third bowl, add 3 tablespoon of flour.
- Coat each side of the patty with the flour. Dip in egg and dregde with breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Place the patties on a parchment lined baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the patties to the other side and bake for another 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
I’d love to connect with you on social media: