When it comes to parenting, we’re trying to be the best for our kids, sometimes even putting too many efforts and exhausting ourselves. But in fact, there is no perfect formula for successful parenthood. We all make mistakes and sometimes feel like failures. But in order to be a better parent, we should loosen up a little and let go of unnecessary guilt.
Here’s a whole bunch of things you should not feel guilty about.
Don’t feel guilty about:
- Having occasional and long-awaited girlfriends get-together. And it’s okay to stay a little longer. You deserve it!
- Feeding your kid the same meal that was yesterday. Hey, we eat that and we’re fine.
- Spending extra bucks for super cute and much-needed purse. No matter that you have tons of them. This one you’ll definitely use!
- Occasionally locking yourself in the bathroom, just to have that moment of tranquility.
- Ditching the house cleaning and postponing it until after you have time. Your child needs a relaxed mama, not a stressed mama.
- Not playing with your child as much as other moms do.
- Asking your husband to feed a baby with pumped milk at night, so you could get a decent sleep.
- Not being able to buy your child expensive designer clothing. They aren’t crazy about it anyway.
- Letting your kid watch cartoons for a 3rd time in a day, so that you could just stretch your feet and recharge.
- Not being a constant chatterbox for your child, because you want him to know stuff. Sooner or later they will learn it anyway.
What is one thing that you’ve learned not to feel guilty about?