This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SipsOfSummer #CollectiveBias”
Grilled Chicken Salad With Tomatoes, Croutons And Goat Cheese
Happy Monday my friends! I hope you spent a wonderful weekend with your loved ones and ready to start the week off refreshed and energised.
I’m not sure if I told you guys before, but currently my husband is studying for his licensure exam and this period is pretty stressful for both of us. He works full time and has to do all the studying on weekends which is not fun at all. I’m trying to be positive about this and since he tries to finish by 4, we always get to spend some quality time as a family afterwards.
Sun-drenched summer days and starry nights just beg for outdoor time. So as soon my husband wraps up his studying, we just love to relax on the patio and enjoy a glass of wine along with some delicious food. Obviously, no one wants to spend much time in the kitchen, so for organising our little wind-down time, I always try to make something mouthwatering and with little efforts.
Today, I want to share with you an awesome and super easy summer recipe that is quick to put together and tastes incredible. My Grilled Chicken Salad With Tomatoes, Croutons and Goat Cheese requires minimal ingredients and preparation time. It’s a very light summer healthy salad and it is perfect to pair with a delicious wine like Clos du Bois Chardonnay.
Lately, Clos du Bois wines became one of our favorite summer refreshers. They have recently launched a new elegant packaging but their great taste remained the same. I love Clos du Bois wines since they are so versatile and perfect for any summer occasion: picnicking, backyard barbecuing, you name it.
As I said, my delicious summer Grilled Chicken Salad doesn’t take long to prepare. You can even grill chicken on the stovetop grill, which I actually used for making this recipe. Minimal ingredients, but lots of flavor and satisfaction.
Start off with preheating your oven to 4oo F. Lightly brush you grill pan with olive oil and heat it on a medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, drizzle the chicken with olive oil. In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic, salt and pepper and rub the spices into the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to the oven together with a grill pan and cook for 9 minutes or until instant meat thermometer reads 165 F. Remove from the oven, slightly cool and slice into ¼ – inch thick pieces.
While the chicken cooks, dice the bread, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 5 – 7 minutes until slightly browned on the sides.
Finish up by cutting your colorful tomatoes in half.
Now, all you have to do is find a large platter for your salad, arrange all the ingredients, pour a glass of Clos du Bois wine and enjoy a beautiful summer with your loved ones.
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 2 small slices of bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly brush you grill pan with olive oil and heat it on a medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the chicken with olive oil. In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic, salt and pepper and rub the spices into the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to the oven together with a grill pan and cook for 9 minutes or until instant meat thermometer reads 165 F. Remove from the oven, slightly cool and slice into ¼ - inch thick pieces.
- While the chicken cooks, drizzle the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 5 - 7 minutes or until slightly browned on the sides.
- On a large serving platter arrange sliced chicken, tomatoes and croutons. Top with goat cheese and scatter tarragon leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately!
How easy is that? I hope you liked my Grilled Chicken Salad and will add it to your Easy Summer Recipes cookbook.
Let me know in a comment form below, what is your formula for stress-free summer entertaining?
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: