This easy Homemade Sausage Recipe is a quick and delicious breakfast treat that is as comforting as comfort food gets.
Homemade Sausage Recipe With Garlic And Parsley
Hi everyone! How is your week going so far?
So let’s talk about sausages. Do you love them as much as I do? Whenever weather permits, me and my husband always buy some delicious Italian or spicy chicken and pork sausages at Whole Foods to cook on our outside grill. In my opinion, those, along with chicken are the best grill food.
But have you ever made sausages yourself? Back in the days, I’ve seen the process of making sausages and I have to tell you, it intimidates me. It’s just too complicated. I think the most confusing part for me was playing with the casing. I just don’t like messing around with it.
Well, little that I knew back then that sausage making process could be much easier. In fact, for the recipe I’m going to show you today, you don’t even need a casing and you can whip up this delicious Homemade Sausage Recipe in no time for you Sunday breakfast or brunch.
For these sausages, you don’t need a special equipment rather than a good skillet and your hands. You can definitely play around with the spices and add the ones that available in your pantry.
These sausages come out yummy, rich in flavors and with that crispy bite that makes you want to eat the whole batch right up.
You can mix the meat with the spices, form sausages and dredge in breadcrumbs the day before and then just fry them for breakfast. It’s definitely a comfort food, the one we all crave regardless of the season.
- ½ lb (250 grams) ground turkey (breast or thighs)
- 0.4 lb (200grams) ground beef
- ½ onion, finely minced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, finely minced or pushed through a garlic press
- 4 sprigs parsley, finely minced
- ⅓ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅓ teaspoon ground coriander
- salt, pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- breadcrumbs for dredging
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, beef, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cardamom and coriander. Mix well.
- Add minced onion, garlic and parsley. Mix well, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take the meat out of the fridge and using your hands, form small 1 in. width and 5-6 in. long sausages.
- Dredge each sausage in breadcrumbs, place on a shallow plate or cutting board and pop into the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Saute the sausages in a large skillet over medium high heat for 10 minutes, turning them every couple of minutes.
- Serve with a hot ketchup or sauce.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I’d love to see your creations.