This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaProteinPLUS #CollectiveBias
Creamy Salmon Asparagus Pasta
Happy Monday friends!
I can’t believe we’re already second week into October.
September has treated us with such a wonderful weather. The whole last week we spent in NYC and we even managed to squeeze in some last season swimming in the Delaware river. My kids had so much fun. It is hard to believe the weather was so warm. I’m so hoping we’ll get plenty of sunshine in October as well.
Speaking of my kids, my older daughter is an extremely picky eater. Since she started preschool on a full-time schedule, I am no longer in control of what she eats and whether she eats there at all!
To make sure she’s still getting a necessary daily amount of protein and nutrients, I always try to make hearty and nutritious dinner to fuel her body.
I was recently shopping at Kroger and picked up a box of Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti. This pasta is literally packed with protein and is a great choice for those of you who wish to increase your protein intake.
Since my daughter never turns down pasta, I decided to make a dinner recipe that is both nutritious and delicious.
My Creamy Salmon Asparagus Pasta doesn’t take long to prepare but packs a serious flavor punch. Salmon and asparagus are loaded with nutrients and Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti adds an additional 17 grams of protein.
One thing I can tell you for sure – Creamy Salmon Asparagus Pasta is one satisfying meal. In fact, my whole family enjoyed a tasty bite of this extremely satisfying pasta recipe.
In this recipe, I wanted to keep my sauce light so I used milk instead of the cream.
Also, I chose to sear salmon, I love that extra crispy salmon top.
If you prefer, you can bake salmon instead of searing it. Just season it with some salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Pop in the oven for 13 minutes at 400 F.
More delicious recipes with salmon
- 30 Minute Salmon Fettuccine
- Sheet Pan Salmon Oreganata
- The Most Delicious Salmon Soup
- Smoked Salmon Nicoise
- 5 ounces Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned and chopped on a bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and asparagus halved
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium non-stick skillet heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil and over medium heat. Season salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and place in a skillet. Cook salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side. When it's cooked, transfer it on a paper towel.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti and cook 10 minutes or until ready. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add asparagus in the same pot with the pasta. After pasta is ready, drain pasta and asparagus reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is still cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a separate large saucepan and over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Whisk in flour and fry for a few minutes whisking vigorously to prevent from burning.
- Add milk, reduce the heat to low-medium and whisk the sauce until no lumps remain. Season the sauce with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and add Parmesan cheese.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and combine sauce with cooked pasta, asparagus and salmon. Optional - Add pasta cooking water to the pasta to thin out the sauce even more.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!
I hope you and your family will love my easy and filling recipe with Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: