This delicious summer pasta is calling your name. Stuffed with vibrant grape tomatoes, tangy capers and delicious combination of cheeses, this pasta recipe is sure to become your favorite.
Cheesy Pasta With Tomatoes And Capers
It’s almost June and that means summer is right before you know it. I don’t know about you guys, but in summer I just love incorporating lots of seasonal veggies into my meals. This recipe idea came to me while I was browsing the Internet for new inspiration.
As you guys know, I love Food Network. I’ve already said this many times. One recipe that caught my attention was Pasta Ponza by Giada De Laurentiis. I adore her recipes and since my blog is focused mostly on European food, I often get my inspiration from her.
Today’s recipe is adapted from Pasta Ponza. Original version of the recipe sounded pretty good to me, but I felt like it could benefit from adding more cheese. You can’t go wrong with that, right?
Crispy breadcrumbs add an extra satisfactory bite, tomatoes and capers contribute to a freshness and tangy taste of this dish and combinations of cheeses turn this simple pasta into a crowd-pleasing meal for your family and friends.
I would call it a summer comfort food. Why summer? Because it utilizes lots of beautiful grape tomatoes that are abundant during summer.
Also, this recipe doesn’t contain cream. Don’t get me wrong, I love creamy recipes, but I prefer cooking with heavy cream during colder winter months.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think. I bet you’ll love it:)
- 7 ounces ziti
- 2 cups multicolored grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup capers, divided
- 1 cup Provolone, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add ziti. Cook until al dente, or ready, about 10- 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1.5 Qt baking dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, capers, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Give it a toss.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Roast tomatoes for 10-12 minutes until breadcrumbs top is lightly golden.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven, add ziti, Provolone, Parmesan and parsley. Give everything a nice stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve immediately!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I’d love to see your creations.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: