Satisfy your inner carb lover with this hearty and extremely delicious Castellane with Mint Pistachio Pesto.
Castellane With Mint Pistachio Pesto
Meatless dinner it is. In fact who needs meat if you can get all the healthy protein from pistachios. That’s one of my favourite meat substitutes. Combined with a fresh mint, aromatic garlic and parmesan, pistachio pesto is the next big thing.
If you can’t find Castellane pasta, it’s fine to use whichever pasta you have. Oftentimes, when I cook pasta, I don’t have that particular time the recipe is calling for, so I would just use a Penne or Fusilli which we always have in our pantry.
- 300 grams castellane pasta
- 1½ cup raw unsalted shelled pistachios
- 30 leaves fresh mint
- ½ cup grated Parmesan + 3 tablespoons for serving
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (for garnish)
- a pinch of salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ready about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of a food processor, combine pistachios, mint leaves, garlic, parmesan, olive oil, water, salt and pulse until pistachios are minced but not pureed.
- Drain pasta, reserving½ cup of pasta water.
- Add pesto to a pot with pasta, toss until well coated. If necessary, add pasta water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Serve on a plate, sprinkle with Parmesan and green onions.