Had a busy day and no time for a complicated dinner recipe? Not a problem. This Pasta Alla Foriana is a healthy and delicious Italian pasta recipe. The best part - it can be pulled together in under 20 minutes.
I keep asking myself why I don't share more pasta recipes with you my friend? I make pasta dishes several times a week, but I don't share my recipes very often. And it's been awhile since I posted my Cheesy Pasta With Tomatoes And Capers, which by the way is so good!
So, it's about time to fix this, because recently I tried a very delicious and unusual pasta recipe. If you like adding nuts to your recipes, be sure you'll love this pasta! It's literally packed with walnuts and pine nuts. That toasted crunchy bite keeps you craving more.
I found this incredible recipe on Food52 by Edward Giobbi. What spiked my interest is that there's no cream or tomatoes in the sauce. Instead, he uses a combination of nuts, raisins and garlic.
He lightly cooks them in olive oil and the result - nutty, earthy and slightly sweet sauce that's healthy and pleasant to a palate. I really enjoyed the addition of raising. They kind of dilute the nuttiness of the sauce and make it taste lighter and a tad sweeter.
I haven't changed much in this recipe, because it requires just minimal ingredients and it's perfect the way it is. When you drain cooked pasta, make sure to reserve a cup of pasta water. And if you see that your pasta is a little on the dry side, go ahead and add a bit of that pasta water. It'll do the trick and you'll have that perfect silky sauce, that is absolutely scrumptious.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of food processor add garlic, and both types of nuts. Pulse a few times until nuts are the size of raw buckwheat grains.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan and over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and nuts, Italian seasoning, raising, salt and pepper to a taste. Cook for 5 minutes until nuts are slightly toasted. Be careful not to burn the sauce.
- Drain pasta reserving a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Toss spaghetti with nut and raisin sauce adding a bit of pasta cooking water if necessary to thin out the sauce.
- Serve immediately!
Pasta Alla Foriana can be prepared in under 20 minutes. Easy and healthy dinner, perfect for busy weeknight meal.
Try these quick and easy dinner recipes
I'd love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on:
Iryna Bychkiv is the founder and writer of the culinary website Lavender & Macarons, where she shares clean, European-inspired recipes that are delicious, easy to prepare, and made with wholesome ingredients. Iryna loves creating meals that are simple yet healthy and unique, including vegan and vegetarian recipes.
Iryna is also a freelance writer for MSN and Associated Press Wire.