These healthy No-Bake Vegan Brownies feature rich and fudgy dried fruit layer covered with easy homemade marshmallows and topped with chocolate ganache. If that doesn't sound appealing, I don't know what does:)
No-Bake Vegan Brownies taken to another level
There's nothing new about raw brownies. There are tons of recipes online to choose from and my favorite part about all those recipes is that it's hard to mess things up.
I mean, when you combine naturally sweet and sticky dried fruits and nuts, the result will be thick and fudgy dough that you can transform into energy balls, brownies or anything you wish.
My No Bake Brownies are different.
In addition to that sticky dried fruit base, I added another layer or soft homemade marshmallows and topped it all off with a simple chocolate ganache.
I hope I sparked your interested, because this no-bake dessert is a pure decadence.
In addition to being almost raw, my No-Bake Vegan Brownies are Gluten-Free and Oil-Free.
My Vegan Brownies feature a layer of soft Marshmallows. They're are sweetened with sugar and fruit puree.
For the latter you can use any fruit puree you have. Apple sauce will work.
If you don't have fruit puree but have any frozen berries or fruits, you can simply defrost them, blend and then strain through a fine mesh sieve.
If you're using Apple sauce, make sure to strain it too.
These delicious No-Bake Brownies consist of only 10 ingredients. All of these ingredients are vegan pantry essentials, so there's a good chance you already have them at home.
- Dates - for sticky rich Brownie base
- Dried cranberries - can be replaces with dried cherries
- Walnuts - you can replace with pecans
- Cacao Powder - for those antioxidants
- Fruit Puree - I used homemade mango puree made of frozen fruit, but Apple sauce will work here too
- Sugar - I made Marshmallow with Cane sugar but if you like, you can replace with Coconut sugar
- Agar-Agar flakes - to thicken Marshmallow
- Aquafaba - chickpea liquid
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Plant milk - almond, oat, coconut or cashew milk will do
Store No-Bake Marshmallow Brownie bars in an airtight container at room temperature. They're best eaten within 2 to 3 days.
Also try these scrumptious vegan desserts:
If you make this recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate it. I always appreciate the feedback. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Healthy Vegan Brownies
- ⅔ c fruit puree strained, Note 1
- 1 c cane sugar divided, Note 2
- 4 tablespoon agar-agar flakes
- ⅓ c water
- ⅓ c aquafaba
To make Brownies
- In a bowl of food processor add cranberries, dates, walnuts and cacao powder. Process until the mixture forms into a ball. (Depending on a size of your food processor, you might want to work in batches).
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment-lined 7x7 baking pan and press firmly with your hands. Refrigerate the brownie layer for 2 hours or overnight.
To make Marshmallow
- In a small pan add agar-agar, ¾ c of sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. If you have instant food thermometer, it should read about 230 F and the mixture should be thick and stick to a wooden spoon.
- At the same time (it's important to do these 2 steps simultaneously), add aquafaba to a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on low for 2-3 minutes until frothy. Increase the speed to medium-high, add the remaining ¼ c of sugar and beat until soft peaks, 4-5 minutes. Add fruit puree and beat for another 1 minute.
- Add agar-agar mixture into whipped aquafaba and beat for 1 more minute. Now, it's important to work fast, as marshmallow will start to firm up. Turn off the mixer and using a rubber spatula evenly spread marshmallow on a Brownie layer. (Note 3) Chill the Marshmallow layer in a refrigerator overnight or until set.
To make Chocolate Ganache
- In a small bowl mix together chocolate chips and plant milk. Microwave for 15 seconds then stir everything with a spoon until chocolate chips dissolve. Using a spatula spread the chocolate evenly on Marshmallow layer. Place in a refrigerator for the chocolate to firm up.
- Cut the Brownies into 9 pieces and enjoy.