Bursting with flavor, juicy, hearty and comforting, this Spanish Chicken And Rice makes a delicious one pot recipe for the whole family.
PIN THIS RECIPE NOW!
Chicken And Spanish Rice Recipe
Despite that I’ve been blogging for several years now, I came to realisation that Gazpacho was the only one Spanish recipe that I ever shared with you. It’s a traditional Spanish soup that I made in the very beginning of my blogging journey.
Recently I republished the recipe making the pictures much more attractive and I strongly encourage you to try this delicious summer soup for yourself.
I visited Spain in the middle of 2000s and I instantly fell in love with this beautiful country.
In spite of Barcelona was the only place that I’ve been too, I was totally mesmerised by its rich cultural heritage and breathtaking beauty. Every street, every corner of Barcelona can tell its unique story.
Probably one of the most beautiful things that I’ve ever seen was architectural design by Gaudí. His unusual and distinctive works are scattered all across the city.
We loved touring the same streets of Barcelona in the day and nightlight. The beauty of Gaudí design becomes even more prominent at night.
Spain is a famous place for its gastronomical delights. Think Gazpacho, Paella, Tapas, Crema Catalana.
While in Barcelona, we were lucky to try a few of those dishes. We were absolutely blown away by the combination of ingredients they use and incredible flavor of everything that we ordered.
Up to this day, Gazpacho remains one of my favorite soups for a hot weather. And Paella is a pure comfort food.
My husband haven’t been to Spain yet, but whenever I tell him stories of my international journeys, I can definitely notice his interest.
Despite that now, with 2 young kids, it’s quite difficult to travel long distances, I hope that one day, I’ll be able to come back to Spain and explore even more of its beauty and cuisine.
Speaking of paella. Today, I’m sharing with you a One Pot Spanish Chicken And Rice or Chicken Paella Easy Recipe. It has everything to delight your taste buds and turn a regular supper into a Spanish-inspired family meal.
More and more I’m starting to love one pot recipes. Back in the days, I never really payed attention to how many pans and pots I use.
But now, when a recipe like this is on the menu, it makes my heart happy knowing that more food is on the table and less dishes to clean. Win-win situation!
As with many of my recipes that require some oven time, I’m using my favorite oven-proof Le Creuset Braiser. It’s big enough to make a dinner for the family of 6 and is so versatile. You can use it for cooking so many types of recipes.
Have you been to Spain before? What did you like most about the country?
Friends, if you love this Spanish Chicken And Rice and want to get more European-inspired dinner ideas straight to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter down below and receive a FREE E-COOKBOOK of the most comforting European recipes.
Spanish Chicken And Rice (Best Arroz Con Pollo)
- 6 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 large onion finely minced
- 5 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c long grain rice rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth low sodium
- 3/4 c dry white wine
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1/2 c green and black olives halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven 355 F.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ of pepper on each side.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large Dutch Oven pan on a medium heat.
- Cook chicken on both sides for 7 minutes until skin is crispy and brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and wipe the pan.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and saute onion, garlic and both peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add paprika and rice and cook stirring until well coated.
- Add white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in saffron, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, remaining salt and pepper, chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken on top of rice, cover a pan with an ovenproof lid or aluminium foil and braise in the oven for 30-40 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, stir in olives.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately!
If you make my Recipe for Spanish Rice And Chicken, make sure to snap a photo and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons.
You’ll Also Love This