Perfect for picnics, potlucks or as a quick side dish for any meal, this Marinated Zucchini Salad is easy, healthy and so good! Made with raw zucchini, a touch of garlic and a few more simple ingredients, this quick recipe will freshen up any meal.
Marinated Zucchini Salad
If you love zucchini and garlic, the chances are this recipe is gonna become your favorite quick and easy zucchini side dish.
The beauty of this recipe is that it uses raw zucchini, the whole preparation takes no more than 20 minutes and the final dish tastes amazingly delicious.
Just like a simple dressing elevates the taste in multi-ingredient salads, zucchini don't need a complicated preparation in order to shine either.
...Delicious Zucchini Marinade...
For this marinade recipe, you need to use a few pantry staple ingredients:
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
Start off by quickly prepping the marinade. In a medium bowl combine the ingredients and set aside.
How To Make Zucchini Ribbons
First, chop off ¼ - ½ in from each end of the zucchini. Firmly hold a zucchini with one hand and vegetable peeler with your other hand, shave thin ribbons from top to the bottom of zucchini.
After you sliced your zucchini nice and thin, go ahead and gently toss them with the marinade. Now let the flavors meld and marry together for about 20 minutes.
And that's it! Simple and delicious!
In this recipe, I used 4 garlic cloves, but go ahead and add more if you like.
The great part about this salad is that the longer is sits (aka marinates) the more delicious it will be.
That being said, for a maximum freshness, I recommend consuming this dish on the same day.
Here, I garnished the salad with raspberries, but of course you can omit them or replace with pomegranate seeds or other small berries.
What Goes Well With Zucchini?
This Marinated Zucchini Salad makes a wonderful side to any main dish recipe, but it's particularly delicious with meaty and hearty dishes like:
Check out my other favorite easy recipes with zucchini
- Potato Zucchini Gratin - you'll love the creaminess of this easy side dish
- Quinoa Zucchini Patties with Feta - readers' favorite recipe perfect for lunch or dinner
- Zucchini and Tomatoes Bake - great summer side dish, ready to be served in 30 minutes or less
- Mini Bell Peppers and Zucchini Salad - you can make it on a grill or stovetop
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I love seeing your creations.
Marinated Zucchini Salad
- In a medium bowl combine apple cider vinegar, garlic, honey, olive oil, dill and salt.
- Using a knife or vegetable peeler, slice zucchini into thin ribbons.
- Toss zucchini with the marinade and let it sit on a counter for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with raspberries or pomegranate seeds if desired.