Who doesn't like truffles? Everyone likes truffles. These tiny chocolate balls are full of a delicious goodness. If made right, the truffles are a great source of vitamins.
As soon as I started a food blog, I've been dreaming about preparing homemade truffles. I've seen similar posts in the fellow bloggers, but kept on postponing making them myself.
If only I knew how easy the process is, I would have made these healthy truffles much sooner. Given that most of the time, all the necessary ingredients are already in my pantry, the whole process took me very little time.
If you follow my blog, you probably noticed that lately I've been posting a lot of dessert recipes. Since the Midwest has been struck by a real winter, I can't help it, but every now and then indulge in a sweet and delicious treat that can make any cold day feel warmer. Are you with me here?:)
Anyways, this time around, I decided to make a dessert that's not only mouthwatering, but extremely healthy. It's especially important around winter time.
The main ingredients for my so easy homemade truffles recipe are dates and nuts. Simple and to the point.
To add a little bit of a zesty bite to my easy-peasy dessert, I added a couple tablespoons of dry cherries. They beautifully balanced the flavors and added that sweet and tangy bite.
If you don't have cherries, you can also take dry cranberries.
- In a bowl of a food processor, combine dates, nuts, almond flour, cinnamon, dry cherries and cocoa powder. Pulse until all the ingredients are minced and form into a ball.
- Using your hands, form small truffles and place them on a parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate, add coconut oil and whisk until smooth.
- Dip half of the truffles into a hot chocolate and use the fork to carefully transfer them onto a parchment paper. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
- For the other half of the truffles, simply roll them in cocoa powder and set on a parchment paper.
- Chill all truffles until set, about 30 minutes.
Did you make homemade truffles before? What are some of your favorite ingredients to include?