A new and delicious twist on a regular risotto. This Parmesan Farro Risotto in a combination with Herbed Chicken makes an easy and hearty dish for a casual get-together.
Herbed Chicken With Farro Risotto
Hello my friend! Hope you had an amazing weekend and ready to start your Monday with a positive mood and optimistic approach.
Since for many people the beginning of the week is always a little bit tough, I suggest brightening it up with a delicious dinner that takes little time to prepare and is sure to delight your taste buds.
I've always been a fan of risotto and I've tried so many recipes: risotto with chicken, mushrooms, chestnuts, anchovies, you name it. I never get bored of a good, creamy and cheesy bowl of goodness. This Italian classic never gets old in my house.
It's been over 3 months I think since I shared with you my Farro Risotto With Wild Mushrooms And Peas recipe. Back then I loved it so much, that I thought it would be a great idea to start experimenting with different ingredients that would pair well with Farro.
If you're just like me and love putting a spin on classic dishes, you've got to give Farro Risotto a try. Here's what you can expect from it:
- it's creamy
- it has mild nutty taste
- it's flavorful
- it's healthy
- it's comforting
Wait, did I say healthy? Well yes! Farro is better for you than rice. It contains more fiber than rice and even quinoa. Plus it contains more than 10 different vitamins and minerals. So yes, if you want your meal to have an added healthy benefit, choose Farro over rice and you'll be amazed by its taste.
And what about chicken? Well, I'm glad you asked. You can't really go wrong with baked chicken thighs, can you?
Well, a few months ago, my mother-in-law gave me a jar of Tuscan seasoning. As you know, I'm European cuisine obsessed type of gal. Italian spices are not exceptions. Simple combination of dried vegetables and herbs such as rosemary and oregano makes any dish standout and taste exceptionally delicious.
Since I'm making an easy dish, all I have to do is sprinkle a tablespoon of Tuscan seasoning on each piece of chicken, add a little salt and olive oil and let the oven do its magic. Crispy baked and delicious chicken is guaranteed.
For the Herbed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Brush each chicken thigh with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Tuskan Seasonings and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Bake chicken for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium saute pan and over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add Farro, salt, pepper and cook for two more minutes stirring often.
- Add diced tomatoes with the juices and 1 cup of chicken broth. Give everything a stir, cover with a lid and cook over a medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring occasionally until Farro absorbs all liquid and is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas, capers and Parmesan. Cover with a lid and cook for another 1-2 minutes until peas have softened.
- Serve with herbed chicken and side salad!
If you make this recipe, don't forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I'd love to see your creations.
I'd love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: