Easy Graham Crackers Recipe is a fast and no-fail snack that you and your kids will love.
Easy Graham Crackers
Hi friends! Today, I'm sharing with you a very easy and affordable snack recipe, that all of us love. These are Graham crackers. They don't need lots of description, because I bet many of you have these crackers in your pantry and you know the taste.
Lightly sweet with a slight puff pastry texture, this recipe is a foolproof crunchy snack to chew on anytime you like.
For an extra health benefit, the recipe contains flax seeds, that add a nice crispy bite to the crackers and enrich them with Omega-3 fatty acids, that everyone needs.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add flax seeds and roast them stirring frequently until you hear a popping sound. Off the heat and let them cool.
- Preheat the oven to 395 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flax seeds, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium pan, heat water and oil. Bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture starts to boil, pour it into a bowl with flour and flax seeds. Start kneading the dough with a spoon and then with your hands. Knead gently until it holds together.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and pop it into a fridge for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured working surface roll the dough out about 5 mm thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1 ½ - 2 inch squares. Transfer the crackers onto a parchment lined baking dish and bake for 15-17 minutes until they're lightly browned.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and chill completely.
- Enjoy as a simple snack with tea or coffee.
This Graham Crackers recipe is super simple and you can make a batch of these in no time.
What is your favorite snack that gives you an afternoon energy boost?